Search: Keyword:
District  

  About The School  

A Short History of Rosalie School

Pleasant Hill School, which later became known as Rosalie School, began in the 1890's.  Pleasant Hill School was held in Pleasant Hill Church located were Rosalie Baptist Church is now located.  Mr. Luther Dean was the pastor of the church as well as the principal of the school.

Building of the first Rosalie School building began around 1924.  Students attended school in this building for about ten years until the school burned in about 1936.  Students again attended school in the church while another building was being constructed.  The new building was completed in about 1939.

When the surrounding schools - Shrader School, Octavia School, Central School, and Spring Hill School - closed in the 1930's and 1940's, many of those students began attending Rosalie School. 

The present school building was constructed in 1967.  Several additions have been added since its construction - new classrooms, a new library, and the latest a new gymnasium.

Rosalie School Principals through the Years

Dean

Luther

 

Bowman

Henry

 

Smith

Neal

1930-31

Sutherland

Jim

 

Thomas

Grady

 

Butler

Ted

1936-37

Stringer

Homer

 

Matthews

Claude

 

Dyar

Ray

1943-66

Kirby

Jim

1966-69

Allison

A. A.

1969-70

Wheeler

Joe

1970-72

Dukes

John

1972-74

Jeffery

Jerry

1974-75

Semmes

Ray

1975-77

Pendley

Wayne

1977-81

Green

Rayford

1981-95

Ragsdale

Rickey

1995-2010

Wheeler

Rhonda

2010-15

Shelton

Bill

2015-Present

 

 

1914-15 picture of students at Pleasant Hill School

 

 

1924 Rosalie School Building

 

1939 Rosalie School Building

Present Day Rosalie School

Rosalie School

Gymnasium

      

Play Ground